A “tell a friend” form is an email form that is growing more and more popular these days. The internet is so wide and deep that getting lost in it is really easy. With the help of a “tell a friend” form a user can send someone an invitation to see a certain site, instead of having to remember the site’s name and telling him/her about it in other circumstances. Also this form helps the site owners to get the word out about their website.
A “tell a friend” form is usually a small and simple form which collects the friend’s email address and a message filled in by the form filler.
When pressing on submit an email is automatically sent to the friend containing text about the site and the content of the message that was filled in.
Steps to create a “tell a friend” form:
Part 1- create the form
|1) Enter the form builder.|
2) Drag a Label element in to the design area and enter text explaining what the form is about. For example: Please enter your friends email address in order to recommend this site to him/her.
3) Drag another Label element and enter the text “Friends email address”.
4) Drag an Email element, place it next to the label and go to its element settings.
5) Enter the text “Friends email address” in the element “caption” field.
* Make sure that the email element is defined as mandatory and that its “Send Copy” checkbox is turned on. This checkbox is in charge of sending an email to the address entered by a user in the email element.
6) Drag a label and change its text to “Personal message”
part 2 – customize the email sent to the friend
1) Use the “Email User Message” option in the “form settings”.
Go to the “Form Settings” and fill in a message in the “Email User Message” field.
2) use the “custom user email” option in the “form settings”.
Start writing your message. (notice that You can insert variables from the form).
Press on “edit text” to edit the style of the text in the email.
Save the form.
In this post I will explain how to add your own personal messages to the emails sent to form fillers, how to add a small thank you message to the alert that appears upon form submission and how to customize the entire email sent to form fillers.
Thank you message
Screenshot of the the Thank you message in the window that appears after form submission:
Read more about the thank you message
Email user message
The “email user message” enables you to add a personal message which will appear at the top of the email sent to the form filler (and mailing list recipients).
steps to use the email user message:
Screenshot of the email with the added message:
read more about the email user message
Custom user email
steps to use the Custom user email:
Screenshot of the custom email:
read more about custom user email
The multiline mode element is a repeatable data row that enables the collection on multi rowed data (such as collecting an order of products, sizes and quantities).
Let’s get started and add a multiline mode element to a form!
as an example I will be creating a “parents and children” email form with which I can collect information about parents (name and role) and their children (name, age, sex and favorite color). Since I expect the parent to fill in the information I plan to add the input elements for this data in the regular way (simply drag and drop on to the design area).
Step by step:
3- Change the title label to: “parents and children”.
*Notice that the multiline has 2 borders – an outer border and an inner border. The Outer border shows the real size of the multiline container while the inner border shows the size of the data row container.
Don’t forget to give each input element a caption (name same as the label next to it and a tab index number)
Read more about the multi line mode.
while you can use the form builder to create custom forms you can also use readymade templates and shared user forms as the basis to your form.
FormLogix offers 3 kinds of readymade forms:
Press on “save” and you are ready to go.